Jan 2, 2017

Looking Back and Beyond


I was out in my neighborhood streets, watching the sky fire up with lights. There was a ton of them flashing all around as everyone in Manila celebrated the beauty of a new year to come. There were loud sounds and booming noises erupting in the air. It was startling, but it was also beautiful, I tell you. I look back, and I realize I am very grateful. 2017 is going to be a great year, I can tell. I am sure.

Happy New Year!

2016 held a lot of setbacks, tears, and pain, but it also brought about good memories with my family and friends. New experiences, relationships, and people to meet. I am infinitely thankful for everything. For the 12 months that had passed by. 

Looking back and beyond, I have decided to encapsulate all that I've been through and all that I look forward to thus far. I hope to bring with me more memories and friendships that I've fostered over time. In retrospect, great things happened, and I smile just thinking about them.

Highlights of 2016


i. My first school dance. When my close friend, who studies from a different school apart from mine, invited me to his school dance, I was terrified. But that night, I had a great time with my friends and it was truly a night to remember.

ii. 7 countries. I traveled to 7 countries this year, and it was amazing. These included Singapore, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Japan, and lastly, Hong Kong (which, I am aware, is not a country in itself but an autonomous Chinese territory, if I'm not mistaken. But it will count in the list).😂

iii. Senior high school. Albeit senior high is one of the worse school years I have ever gone through, I am still thankful because I was finally given an opportunity to pursue my love for law and literature. Additionally, I made new friends and found new people to hang out with.

iv. Straight A's. After all those tears, sleepless nights, and frustration, I managed to get straight A's, and I am infinitely grateful. Pushing myself did well, as I managed to be one of the top in class.

v. 16, books, and blogging. I turned 16 years old this year, discovered new books (and even went crazy while shopping for books in Amazon). My blog also turned 2 years old in 2016. It amazes me.

I Look Forward To...


i. New memories. I want to create happy memories and healthy relationships with my family and friends. I hope to resolve whatever conflict I have (or have had) with anyone and be with those that I might have hurt along the way.

ii. Senior year. It's my last leg of high school this coming August; it's surreal. When I started this blog, I was an incoming freshman with no clue of my plans after high school. Now I have dreams and aspirations that I am pursuing. I hope to achieve what I can in the future.

iii. CETs. I am going to do my best. Just like SATs, CETs (College Entrance Tests) are happening this year, and I have to take a CET for each university I will apply this year. And I intend to apply to 4, thus 4 CETs to take. It's exhausting, but I am determined I can do it. I look forward to tackling these and hopefully get into my dream state university.

iv. Prom? Once again, I am terrified. God bless me. It's only a few months away.

v. Friends and loved ones. I look forward to hanging out more with my friends and loved ones. I love being with them and I enjoy their company so much, so I hope to dedicate my time with them. I want them to know that I really love and appreciate them.

I am thankful for you!

It has been another great blogging year with all of you, and I am thankful for all the memories I made in 2016. I was disheartened by the fact that I had to sacrifice much of my time for this blog to dedicate everything for academics, but surely, I have not forgotten this blog and you. You mean the world. Thank you for the year. Happy New Year!