Nov 27, 2015

BPC: Dear Meggie Folchart...


This is a post under the Blogger Positivity Campaign.


Dear Meggie Folchart,

I was 10 years old when I was wandering around the bookstore with my mom one day, and I was looking through the Young Adult area. A book, particularly Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, caught my eye because of the various positive feedback and popularity that it had been receiving. No, my mom didn't let me buy the book so I could read it. But she did borrow it from her school's library instead. And came home with it.

I read your book. Enjoyed it. And I met you, too. And in one way or another, you inspired me. 

Growing up, I have always loved to read books in various genres; however, because I lived with a few cousins and relatives who discouraged my hobby, I felt I couldn't relate to any of those who did the same. When I say that I'm glad I met you, I truly mean it. You, being a reader, helped me realize that readers themselves may be powerful.

Because #1: You taught me that words are powerful.

Yes, you taught me that. In Inkheart, reading aloud a story would bring the characters to life in reality. And although it is completely fictional from where you are, this bears connection to reality that the words we say are more powerful than we think of them to be. As humans, we can bring change. We can bring inspiration. But where do they all start from?

From our own words. As simple as that.

Which brings me to my second reason that #2: We are capable of being change. Of being strong.

If we have the words, then we can be strong in our own way. We, too, can contribute to bring upon change if we say what is right. Despite the evils lurking about, strength and hope is always the key. You exemplified that, Meggie. You did.

So say it with me, that #3: "I am two of the most powerful words. For what you put after them shapes your reality."

I guess as a reader, you made me realize that even readers may play a huge part in the books we read. We can educate ourselves and quench our thirst for knowledge through the words we long to read. We can inform ourselves -- through books and the power of words -- that we can do something if something is wrong. We can respond. We can be brave.

I am two of the most powerful words.

I am.

So I thank you for inspiring me, Meggie. You've helped.

Your friend,
Jillian

#SpreadTheLove

As always, please do not forget the other BPC posts from these amazing participants! They, too, have great letters they'd love for you to read.