Apr 3, 2015

Jillian's Books Turns One Today!

I can't believe it's been a year! Who knew that a year after April 3rd, 2014, I would still be blogging?

Until now, I can't even imagine how this blog came to be. In May 2013, I was aware that there was a book blogging community out there. And yes, I did make a blog, but I eventually deleted it after 2 weeks because I wasn't committed to read & review books yet. It was in 2014 when I decided to take the huge step once again. I don't regret making this blog because it paved me ways to connect with other readers. And it was fun that way. 

in one year, i've achieved...

  • I hit 100+ followers in both GFC and Bloglovin. (Seriously, it was amazing when I woke up one day and found out that that happened!)
  • Made a lot of blog buddies and pen pals 
  • Changed my blog design manually more than 5 times
  • Read and reviewed a lot of books from authors or from NetGalley
  • Managed to read MORE than I normally do (Very proud of myself.)
  • I have blogged consistently, and have NEVER missed a month without posting!

There's a lot more, but I'm afraid this post will get too long. 

Now honestly, I wouldn't be continuing this blog if it weren't for YOU GUYS to be there to read and support the blog. Because without your views and awesome comments, I wouldn't be motivated enough to be doing this right now. 
So for those people who have pushed me forward to continue blogging, I thank you: 
  1. Firstly, thank you so much Alicia for actually being a great pen pal/co-blogger. I remember how you helped me one day make a drop down menu, which I'm very thankful for, even if it's as simple as a menu. But anyway, thanks for being awesome! (See what I did there.)
  2. Thank you Val, Kayla, Shay, Alex, Noelia, Rachel, Zoe, Emily, Ana, Benish, Kezia, Leigh, and Maisha for always sending lovely comments. I'm serious, you guys are the nicest!
  3. I also want to thank Claire and Erica for chatting with me via twitter or email or stopping by all the time. It's really fun getting to know you two :)
  4. Also, thank you Kelly for sharing with me your books! You have no idea how grateful I am!
  5. I won't forget those authors who have considered me to review their books! I'm deeply honored by that, so thank you so much. 
  6. Lastly, I love you stalkers!  No, you don't comment that much, but thanks for always being there to stalk by :)

Now see you all soon! And once again, thank you so much. For being there, for supporting, for celebrating with me on this special day. I owe it all to you.