Dec 22, 2014

Throne of Glass


throne of glass / sarah j. maas

You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.

I loved Throne of Glass! The story is about Adarlan's Assassin, Celaena Sardothien, who was placed in a competition against 23 killers to serve as the King's Champion for 4 years before gaining true freedom. She is put through Tests to assess her skills, but then one by one other competitors are mysteriously murdered. And others are bound to know why. 

I was pleased to read of Celaena, who is the most "badass" female protagonist I've known, and I love her. She's witty, sarcastic, and brave. I mean, she was imprisoned in a death camp named Endovier for a year and shall be granted freedom after 4 years of service -- it was remarkable!

"My name is Celaena Sardothien. But it makes no difference if you call me Celaena or Lillian or Bitch, because I'd still beat you, no matter what you call me."

In the middle of the ongoing competition, we also get to know more about Chaol (Captain of the Royal Guard) who always keeps an eye on her, and also Dorian, the handsome Crown Prince of Adarlan. She begins to make friends despite her intimidation so that's a good thing. But something evil lurks in the castle too, slowly killing competitors one by one.

I just love both Dorian and Chaol. I can't even tell you which I prefer most because they're really good characters! Maas does a great job developing the characters into stronger people, and I'm a huge sucker for that tidbit. 

Reader, I can't tell you enough how much I'm incredibly in love I am with the book! I just love the world and the tension and the mystery behind everything. It just feels so good.

To tell you the book is good is an understatement. Because more than that, this book is amazing. I'm constantly awed at the tension of the story and the new creatures I came across. It reminded me a lot of Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It was a mix of light romance, fantasy, and fluff - everything I want in a book!

I don't know what to do to get you all to read this amazing book, but if you love Daughter of Smoke and Bone and fantasy novels mixed with light romance, you'll enjoy Throne of Glass