Oct 15, 2014

Days of Blood & Starlight


days of blood and staright / laini taylor

"a dream dirty and bruised is better
than no dream at all."

While I didn't love it as much as I loved the first book, Days of Blood & Starlight has made it to my favorites list as well! This book was literally filled with more adventure than the first one, and it has twice the suspense and humor and also: a better story! Taylor introduces us deeper to the world of Eretz and the characters in it. And it was wonderful!

It literally felt like plunging into a new universe, a new world!

And while I enjoyed exploring Eretz so  much, I had quite a problem identifying these fancy, new terms that were brought up throughout the story. Like, Dominion and Astrae. What are they? I had to Google it to find out so I can understand the story.  But the good side is that now I understand Eretz more, no matter how complicated everything sounded.

Throughout the novel, we get to see Zuzana and Mik contribute better in the story, (I just love those two!) and see a better background on our characters, both old and new. I continuously read this book for 3 hours, and just by saying that already implies that I LOVE THIS BOOK. We get a better glimpse of Karou's current thoughts in the situation (which can blow you completely), a set of badass characters, and a really good plot! 

As always, Taylor's beautiful stories are life-changing. But it still doesn't beat Daughter of Smoke & Bone, apparently.

One thing that turned it off for me was how confusing the concepts were to me! I had a little bit of adjusting to do, but until now I'm still confused. I have a lot to say about the book, and I don't wanna spoil anyone so just click the button if you've read the book. 

To top it all off, I loved this book nonetheless. And I highly recommend you to continue the series.